Sunday, August 22, 2010

April 23, 2010 Day 2


Written while watching Paella being made
I can't sleep on planes. Turbulence over the Atlantic mixed with sleeping upright just doesn't do it for me. I waned in and out of lucidity for most of the night and woke up exhausted. A short trip through Barcelona and we are on our way to Sevilla. The interesting thing about my first foreign experience is that interactions between people are the same. And though you don't know the language, in your mind you try and piece together the conversation. And you see the same personality types and body language you would see back home.

Once in town, we made our way through the honeycomb of streets to the Oasis hostel. The rooms are very nice and exceed my expectations. I demand to take a nap so that I can function. Once we venture out we make our way through various landmarks, statues, and cafes. The fair which is the highlight of the year for Sevilla. We spoke to an American and apparently the best bull fighters in the world are here this weekend. It's not cheap at 70euro but how often does one get the opportunity? The buildings here are amazing. The lavishness of old architecture and craftsmanship is something you don't really see today. Things were done with patience. We are headed to the fair tonight just to check it out. I will recap tomorrow.

First weird experience: Seeing a twelve year old drinking a handle of beefeater

No comments:

Post a Comment