Sunday, August 22, 2010

April 25, 2010 Day 4



We went again to the feria last night. This time our hostel mates Juan and David from Canada knew a group making the trip from another hostel. We bar hopped a few few places and then went to a large caseta. Sebastian an Aussie has been in Sevilla for two years to study Flamenco dancing and shows up with several women. We bought jarra de cerveza for 6 each. Not cheap, but not terrible either. Travelers are a fun bunch because they just love the road. And you get the feeling with each person you meet that they don't quite fit in with their home culture and therefore set out on the road searching for kindred spirits. Perhaps they travel because of this or the other way around.

The group of 20 or so broke up at different parts of the night. David (brother) and I head off with Sebastian, Serena (England), Christi (Cal) and Natalia (Cal). In chatting with them we find out that Natalia lives in Paris. She offers her place for our last night two nights there. How can we say no? Paris has the most expensive hostels out of any of the cities we will visit. I've learned mistakingly and to my detriment I am too weary and unaccommodating of strangers. It's a mistake and one I need to correct. The few people that will do you harm are such a small faction that to change for them will do you a great disservice.

I'm supposed to be on a train right now, but I'm not. Due again to another traveler's advice the bus is almost half price and the ride only slightly longer. The view is well worth the added time. As I write we are driving through mountainous countryside through an orchard of olive tress. It's beautiful. Looking outside in this moment I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment