Saturday, August 28, 2010

April 28, 2010 Day 7


writing while waiting to leave the Madrid hostel

The way to describe our Madrid experience would be rushed. We aren't staying the night meaning we have lost even one more morning here. I think it's lead to the tenseness of the day. The official breaking point for David and I to every waking moment together is seven days. We had a minor fight that's no big deal but still one never the less. With Barcelona we will be refreshed.

I enjoyed today personally. We went to the park and just sat for a good 45 minutes or so. It was nice. I realized much of this joy is something I can acquire back home. It's odd how it takes an ocean and several thousand miles to realize that.

We checked out the royal palace and garden. Something that will probably stick in my memory for far to long is the tranny with breast implants running nude barely covered in wedding dress lace. Yes it was as messed up as it sounds. We ended up not going into the palace due to the 10 euro price tag. We did check out the cathedral which was ominous and peaceful. I'm not sure I will ever understand the grandeur of the Catholic Church.

After that we went tot he museum of modern art and left shortly thereafter. David couldn't get into it. They did have many of Picasso's preliminary sketches which I question their artistic value; though not more than I question my own artistic taste. We then headed over to museo de jamon for the third time. Still love that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment