Saturday, August 28, 2010

April 27, 2010 Day 6



My feet are really hurting. Not just the soles but the ankles and toes now too. I need a full day of rest off my feet. Today we arrived in Madrid. I've now realized that to truly experience a city you need 4 or more days. Otherwise you just rush through and lose the essence of it.

The only city that I feel we really got a strong flavor for is Sevilla. This is because it is very small and the feria is so culturally defining that we couldn't help but be immersed.

In arriving at Madrid I knew we wouldn't get a true experience for the city before we were back on the road. We hit the Museo del Prado to see all of the classic art stored there. It was free from 6-8 so we rushed through. Both of us agreed that the Italian art was the most interesting. After that we went to a large park. I really enjoyed just sitting there and taking in the scenery. People watching has become a new hobby.

There are a great deal of amazing fountains and sculptures throughout the city. Seeing them I couldn't help but compare them to the "masterpieces" in the museum. Like a zoo I think something is lost when you pull the art out of its natural habitat.


We ate at a place called Museo de Jamon. It's a butcher/restaurant. I loved the food. It was great; ham sandwiches of excellent quality. I could eat there everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment